Monday, April 18, 2011

The Unemployed Again Journal: Day 1


Oh unemployment, we meet again! Last we spent time together our relationship was a tad more forlorn. This time however, I think we can enjoy our tenure.

I just finished my contract at Microsoft in the college recruiting division. I genuinely enjoyed my time working in recruiting. I loved that I got to be a contributor instead of another nameless cog in a machine.

I'm also finishing my first year of college, which has gone uncharacteristically well. In my former school career my GPA was usually abysmal, but I can proudly say that I'm ending my first year of college with a 3.5 GPA. *Pause for gasps*. I would like to take this time to apologize to all my teachers past for being such a crappy student, and hope this makes up for it.

As for how I'm spending day one of my unemployment: I slept until 9:30, made coffee & an egg sandwich, and now I'm watching An American Tail. Cuz that's how I roll. Oh and lucky me the sun is shining, so I think I'll do some more yard work today and conquer some weeds. Jealous? You know you are.

1 comment:

  1. Hope to see you at church sometime soon! Lots going on this week with Easter coming up.

    ReplyDelete