Saturday, September 26, 2009

whoa...just whoa...

So it's been...17 days since I last posted?? Where on earth have I been?? Well pretty busy as it turns out.

A lot has gone down. I won't go deep into the dramatic's. Life is hard: that is all. I'm going to do what my father taught me to do: keep smiling and cracking jokes at innapropriate times so I can laugh to keep from crying. In the words of the late and great Sammy Davis, Jr.: I gotta be me; What else can I be but what I am?

Well to fill in some of the good stuff: I went home! To good ol' Coloraddy. It was a lovely trip. I started it off sick but my Dad let me rest and I slept myself into good health. I went home for the wedding of my best friend since 6th grade. I was one of her bridesmaids and the wedding was lovely and the wedding reception was a blast. Combined with the power of music and alcohol, I danced the day away. I got to see my Taurus soulmate, Casey 2 whole times! AND I got to take the coolest niece in the world out for a day. I'm so blessed to be an Aunt, I love my Sophie more than anything in this world. We had lunch, we played games, we played with kittens at Petco and played Rock Band at Best Buy and she read to me for the first time. She knows how to melt my cold cold heart.

I have run into some walls in my exercise plan. After getting my wisdom teeth out I was out of commission from exercising. Then I got sick and I could barely walk without wheezing. I have been such a slug over the last few weeks that getting back into an exercise regime is going to be a challenge but I'm determined and I'll get to why in a moment.

So let's dish about the dishing I've been doing. It's like the past couple of weeks I have been presented with this challenge of: here are all the things that you shouldn't be eating; your challenge is not to eat them and find better alternatives or just eat smaller portions. Epic failure folks! We're talking large steaks, massive pieces of chocolate cake, pecan pie, cupcakes, pasta, ice cream, brownies, Captain Crunch and maybe a little salad in there somewhere. Whew! I went on a bender and I'm having a food hangover. I dread...DREAD...getting on the scale. I am willing to accept the conscequences of my binging though, so bring it on.

So here's the reason for my determination. Michelle and I are placing a little wager, and the fullness of my pocketbook depends on my winning. The challenge? Who can lose the most weight in a month? Logistically I have this one in the bag. Being that I weigh significantly more than Michelle, I should be able to shed a lot more pounds than her in a month...IF I stick to my plan. The plan? Don't exceed my daily Weight Watcher's points and get at least 30 minutes of exercise in a day. Shouldn't be too hard right? Well if the last couple of weeks tells me anything, it tells me I'm easily derailed. What do I win if I lose the most weight? Dinner at the restaurant of my choice. Sounds counter productive I know, but well worth it. If I lose I pick up the tab at a restaurant of her choice. I don't want to do that. So I have to win...and I will win.

So the official weigh in will come on Saturday. I will briefly hang my head in shame at the weight gain I know I brought on myself, but I will press on to victory. VICTORY I say!

Oh, and it appears my blog has been infiltrated by X. So X, if you're reading this: Bitte nehmen sie sich einen langen spaziergang aus einer kurzen landungssteg. Danke.

Special recognition of the week: Lisa for being the most awesome friend and partner in crime EVER. I'd drive off a cliff with you any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment